For all those who find themselves in Johannesburg over the upcoming long weekend, best you read on. If you happen to be a real foodie, then definitely read on. You’ll probably want to see, taste and delve into all things cheffy with the Robertson Reinvention Kitchen – the worlds first pop-up that changes everything, every day. Curiosity piqued? I thought so…
The Reinvention Kitchen takes place between the 21st – 25th of September, 2017, at the Melrose Arch Piazza. Every day, for five days, the the pop-up will be reinvented to celebrate the country, the cuisine and the culture of the locations where The Spice People (that’s the Robertsons crew) source their individual herbs and spices that are blended to create the Robertsons Barbecue Spice, Chicken Spice and steak and Chops Blend.
The five chefs forming the line-up have all specially created a one-day-only menu with a highlighted spice, focusing on the country of its origin. I foresee a whole lot of delicious in this culinary interpretation…
The chef line up includes:
21st of Spetember 2017: A Celebration Of India
- Chef Rikk Ó’Donnchü gets to experiment with chilli and serve up his interpretation of Indian fare. Classically trained, Chef Rikku has worked under some of the worlds best chefs, mainly Marco Pierre White and Heston Blumenthal.
22nd of September 2017: A Modern Egyptian Take On An Ancient Herb
- Marjoram is up next, hoping to infuse new life into this rather old world herb is none other than super likeable Chef and TV personality, Zola Nene. Zola hopes to get people excited about this sometimes forgotten herb.
23rd of September 2017: A Taste Of Nutmeg, A Touch Of Indonesia
- For one day only, Chef Ash Heeger explores the sweet and spicy appeal of Nutmeg. Chef Heeger, chef and owner of Ash Restaurant in Cape Town plans to wow with her Indonesian inspired menu…
24th of September 2017: A Mzansi Feast Of SA’s Spice People and Paprika
- Heritage Day is given a touch of the “shot left” magic by Chef Lentswe Bhengu who highlights the flavour of locally sourced Paprika. Local cooking show host, Lentswe plans on paying tribute to everything South African with his exciting menu!
25th of September 2017: A Night Of Fiesta and Pimento
- Discover the earthy flavour of Mexico with Chef Vusi Ndlovu, an experienced hand in the kitchen of some of SA’s most awarded restaurants, The Pot Luck Club Pop-Up, as well as the Saxon. Chef Vusi puts Pimento through it’s paces with his flavour infused dishes. We can’t wait!
Seats are limited to 40 per sitting (with two allocated sittings per day: a lunch sitting from 12-2pm and a dinner sitting from 6-8pm). Tickets are R150 per head, which includes a spice experience, flavoursome meal discovery, as well as a little something to take home. Make sure you secure those tickets by emailing: email@example.com or visit Robertsons for more information.
Happy Spicy Feasting x