Energy. I need it in bucket loads these days running after the two small people who consume my days. I wish I had the metabolism that could indulge in a choccie bar with a mug of tea every time I felt like I needed a pick me up during the day. Unfortunately, my body and bum say no, so I resort to my “go to” no-bake, no fuss, all great goodness, energy balls. These are a fave in our home and I whip them up as soon as the ball jar (hideous name, I know) is running low. Food Lover’s Market sent me a glorious box of goodies to highlight #WellnessWeek – a box filled with lush healthy goods. My sons favourite Oh Mega nut butter sachets were included, as well as a pot of Wazoogles Supernatural Oats (Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough) Oat Bowls – YUM! All ingredients are available from Food Lover’s Market which makes shopping a breeze! Grab some dates and get a rollin’.
Makes: 15-20 energy balls
What You Need:
- 1 cup of pitted dates (if dry, soak in a bit of warm water for a few minutes)
- 4 Tbsp Oh Mega nut butter of your choice
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2/3 cup of Wazoogles Supernatural Oats (Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut, for rolling
How To Do It:
- Place the dates in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it starts to form a ball.
- Add the nut butter, chia seeds, oats and coconut oil and blitz until well combined.
- Wet your hands lightly before rolling into balls. Roll in coconut and place on a baking tray.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Happy Energy Vibes x
*Post sponsored by Food Lover’s Market. I received a Food Lover’s Market voucher to purchase the goods used in this post. All opinions are my own.*